Frequently Asked Questions
What is Nerv?
Nerv shots are convenient 2 fl oz drinks that help you manage occasional anxiety and stress, improve your focus, and be your best self.
Why use Nerv?
The World Health Organization reports that over 615 million people globally suffer from anxiety or depression. Of those people, over 40 million are Americans. We couldn’t find any effective solutions for anxiety that weren't either prescription medication or expensive psychotherapy, so we created Nerv shots.
What are the key benefits of Nerv?
Nerv shots are formulated to help manage occasional anxiety and stress while also helping to improve focus. Whether it’s taken before a high-pressured event or meeting - or a heart-pounding first date - Nerv can help you be your best self.
What’s in Nerv?
The active ingredients in Nerv are a blend of dietary supplements (as classified by the FDA), including magnesium and L-Theanine. Together, Nerv’s ingredients provide fast acting relief within 1 hour, that lasts up to 10 hours.
- L-Theanine is the primary natural active ingredient responsible for the positive mental effects associated with green tea.
- Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in the body, and it is essential to good mental and physical health
- B-vitamin complex Improves ratings of stress, mental health and vigor and improved cognitive performance during intense mental processing.
How Does Nerv Work?
Anxiety is a fear of the future. The active ingredients in Nerv (see above) tackle the “anxious” neurons in the amygdala of your brain and signals them to quiet down. This temporarily blocks fear processing to help you feel more in control of your emotions.
How effective is Nerv?
Although over 50 years of data and evidence exists supporting the active ingredients mentioned above, we ran small (30 person)double-blind focus group trials for additional proof of concept. We assessed participants’ anxiety levels using the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI) scale before and after using Nerv and a placebo. Results indicated that:
- 79% of participants experienced lowered STAI anxiety scores
- 75% of participants felt more social and more comfortable around others
- 72% of participants felt more in control of their feelings.
- 90% of participants said they would recommend Nerv to family or a friend.
- 100% of participants said they would purchase Nerv at grocery stores.
For further information, here are several links to studies that report on Nerv’s main ingredients:
- Comprehensive review on the discovery, function, and use of phenibut. (Lapin 2001)
- Phenibut counteracts the conditions of anxiety in animal models of behavior. (Talaenko 2005)
- Inhibitory effect on chronic pain by phenibut. (Belozertseva 2016)
- Theanine counters the effects of chronic psychosocial stress on mice including shortened lifespan, cognitive dysfunction, and behavioral depression. (Unno 2011)
- Theanine lowered salivary alpha amylase activity in pharmacy students along with lowered stress. (Unno 2013)
- Theanine reduces blood pressure under stress. (Yokogoshi 1995)
Is Nerv safe to use?
Yes, in moderation. However, we recommend you consult your doctor before giving to children or if used with alcohol and/or medication. With normal renal function, Nerv is naturally cleared from your body within 24 hours after consumption.
Is Nerv FDA approved?
Nerv shots are dietary supplements. Nerv shots are FDA compliant. This means that the ingredients used are considered safe within the FDA monograph system. Additionally, every step of Nerv shots’ sourcing, testing, and manufacturing complies with the requirements set forth in the FDA regulations.
How often should I use Nerv?
We recommend 1 per day and 3 per week, consumed at least 48 hours apart.
Can I drink Nerv with alcohol?
You should avoid the use of alcohol while using Nerv. Do not exceed the recommended dose of Nerv, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how it affects you. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.
How does Nerv interact with caffeine or perscription drugs?
Nerv contains L-Theanine that has been demonstrated to counter some of caffeine’s anxiety producing effects, such as an increased heart rate.
To make sure Nerv is safe for you, consult your doctor if you have kidney disease, epilepsy, seizures, a history of stroke, blood clots or if you use any medications for these disorders or any opioids. Do not use during pregnancy or while nursing.
Is it safe to use Nerv during pregnancy?
Pregnancy is a complicated time when considering the use of products to manage one's state of mind. For this reason your physician will often weigh the relative benefits with the relative risks given your specific situation. Unfortunately, there is no simple yes or no answer to this question. When deciding whether or not to use Nerv during pregnancy it is important to weigh up how necessary Nerv is to your health against the possible risks to you or your baby. This will be dependent on the stage of pregnancy, the use of drugs and medications, and other medical factors. Being healthy both physically and mentally is particularly important during pregnancy and whilst caring for a baby. Your doctor is the best person to help you decide what is right for you and your baby.
Where is Nerv available?
Currently just in the USA. Contact us to check eligibility for international shipping!